August 2, 2009

Invermere

The little tourist town of Invermere is 100k from launch and is the goal of many pilots that launch from golden. I have had my sights set on it for a while. Today I did it. My farthest cross country to date as well as my longest airtime at three hours ten minutes. The funny thing is I never broke 9500' my entire flight. There was once I thought I might have to land but scratched my way to jump a gap and it was quite easy. I had Gary B way out in front so I knew I wasn't the only one needing a ride and I flew a substantial portion with Greg L and Searge before leaving them in my wake.

Another gust front moved in from the north and caught a few off guard again. Chris C landed in 40k winds and did well but Fiona was much to high. She ran north 15k or so and just got down in time. Gary B and I were all packed up and enjoying a beer at the airport in Invermere when we saw Greg L landing. I rushed over to help unpack and we got 2 batons out when the gusts hit us.



Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice flight Jason, Congratulations,
A lot of pilots would like to make Invermere and haven't yet, its nice to see you have, and after flying for just a few years.

Congrats
Ross