June 18, 2010

Day 5

We decided to head to vernon mt for a task. We got up there and it was a beautiful veiw but the clouds moved in and when the rain started we called of that mountain early and headed for saddle. A task was called, 50K out and return via 3 turn points. A couple brave souls launched into shade and eventually sunk out. The landing field was windy and jeff took out a keel stinger and a few battons when he struck the windsock on landing. The rest of us held off for sun and launched. I was toward the end of the pack and did a little ridge soaring before climbing out and heading on coarse. I was not high and was not left with a lot of choices. I soared a cliff face for an hour trying to get high enough to tag the first tirn point but couldn't do it. I landed with ross, jon, and rob. Tomorrow isn't looking so good but saturday should be a good task.
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry

No comments: