July 30, 2009

Out and return

Today was a day of timing. Time your launch, both for the right wind and sun, and wiat for the sun to shine where you wanted to go. The keeners were off early and got away. I got stuck behind some launch potatoes and slipped off while noone was looking on the other launch. I'm not a big fan of the ramp anyhow.

I caught something light right off launch an was soon at the clouds at 10500'. That's when it became painfully obvious that I hadn't dressed warm enough. I passed over 7 and continued on down the range. The sky was littered with gliders. I stayed at peak hight and aimed for whoever was going up when I needed a top up.

When I reached parsons the rest of the south was black with shade. I was happy with that distance so I turned around and came back. The last littlebit of the way was covered in shade and people were being flushed down everywhere. I headed for the 15k field but was rewarded with low save half way there and got back up to within glide to camp. Good for a 60k out and return.

The best flight of the day was Rob C who made it to invermere and then back to spillimicheen.
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry

No comments: