April 25, 2008


Here is my solution to the bronze bushing issue. I like the pulley so much that I wanted to use the same pulley, that and the winch was already made to fit it. The pulley is found in most stores. I picked this one up at Peavy mart but I've seen them in Princess Auto and the first one I got from the local welding shop. I did a little internet research and found a bearing used for roller blades and skate boards that's a fad of some sort. They are very small and tough. 608 is the number, 16 mm OD 8mm ID and 5mm wide. Tough to find unless you go to a sport/skate shop. I found them at Sport Check for $3 a piece. I bored out the center to 5/8" (close enough to 16 mm) and pressed in 3 bearings with a vice. This should make this little problem go away and make room for the next one. We had a blizzard last week so towing will have to wait for better weather. In a week it's looking better.

No comments: