May 25, 2010

Day 3

We called a task from nanton tow road, west to longview, then north to black diamond. Good for just just short of 60 K. I felt it was a great obtainable task by most of the field. The first couple tows landed back at launch even though the sky looked great. Doug towed up before me and was the first to stick. I towed up after and and made a very low save right over the trucks. That set the tone of the day for me. Low save after low save I slogged for the turn point. 13K out I reached my highest point at 10500'. I did another low save right befor the turnpoint and tagged it. Instead of taking the high road over the hills I foolishly opted to go to the
buisy highway in the valley and sunk out 5K north of longview. I was in the front of the field and watched them all pass over my head. An hour later or so Ken came and joined me in my landing field with an ill thought out landing approch. Doug first in goal but double the time of Rob, Ross third and bruce last. A great task and a fun day.
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry

No comments: