July 19, 2010

Day 2

The forcast was for overdevelopment with thunderstorms in the mix. On launch, there was verga on both sides, but the sun was shining on Mt 7. We (HG) all launched fairly close together and everyone got up quickly. The texture of the air was worse than yesterday with some serious hard edges. I got up over the peak to 10grand and I didn't get any better. After having a great flight yesterday and still wore out from that, I decided to go land. Rob and the Dougs (L and K) did spilli and back as there was big storm south of there. Most landed at the LZ.

In the evening a gust front came through and caught Doug L and the pg tandem trio in the air. Doug made it into the LZ unscathed, the tandems landed in the swamp, the airport, and the railyard with a few minor scrapes.


Proof of my new hight record from yesterday

Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry

No comments: