March 21, 2008

more work on the winch

spent allot of time on the winch today. started the day off with adding all the supports to the stand. After that I did the mock up to start on the brake caliper. It has to be dead on. I built the caliper support out of 1/2 inch plate and threaded the holes to hold the caliper. The plate is welded to the support arm. I'm very impressed with myself how straight and true everything is. The "wobble" in the reel when spinning is under 2 mm and in the brake it's under 1 mm. I have the pulleys just about mounted where they need to go and put on the line guide. I'm using a piece of teflon for the line guide but I'm guessing it won't last long. I'll likely go to rollers soon. The reel has been radiused to get rid of the sharp edges. I'm going to work on it tomorrow and will try and remember a camera. I had planned to take step by step pictures but it never worked out that way. My project for tomorrow is to get the motor and jack shaft mounted and belts on it.

I received my spectra yesterday. I was very impressed by the light weight of it. It was packaged very well and I tried out the fids already too. I would gladly send any one to Towmeup. they are first class.

No comments: