March 29, 2008

Painted

Tore the winch all down yesterday, and painted it. When the paint was (mostly) dry I put it all back together, and put the line on. Had a friend hold the spool of spectra while I ran the motor. I got cocky and wound the motor up, which spun the spool very fast. When I let off on the motor the spool didn't slow down, over spun itself and turned into a rats nest. Word of caution here, don't do this! It takes hours of unneeded untangling, causing you to drink excessive amounts of beer and have a serious case of drag ass in the morning. When I get around to it I'll mount it on the trailer and take lots of pictures and post them here. That, calibrating the line tension, and hooking up the brake is all I have left to do before testing it out. It looks awesome.

No comments: